Stolberg
The St. Markus parish church, built in 1803, is the starting point of the village historical circular path.
The sculptor Albert Sous donated “Heinrich” in July 2020 in remembrance of the war events he experienced as a child in Mausbach.
01.05.1803 First mass by Father Salmagne still in the Nikolaus Chapel
06.02.1804 Church at the market
1805-1831 Pastor Arn. Salmagne
14.09.1805 Elevation to pastor
1830 1st rectory
1831-1833 Pastor J. P Kütgens
1833-1844 Pastor H. Rübsteck
1844-1883 Pastor Mathias Grein
1865 Kpl. Bergrath
1870 Vicar Schmitz
1869-1870 New building of the church (neo-Gothic style)
1874 Gothic framing of the veneration image
1871-1887 Vicar H. J. Müller
1885 Cäcilien Association Stations of the Cross
19.07.1885 Bell consecration
1887-1914 Pastor Heinr. Korsten
1905-1907 Kpl. Karl Witte Vicar Buchmann
1911 New rectory
1912 Kpl. W. Dederichs
1912 L. Müller
1912-1914 Franz de Fries
1915 Kpl. Wilh. Brathe
1914-1938 Pastor A. Ortmanns
25.07.1915 Barbara Chapel
12.09.1915 Virgin Congregation
1937-1966 Pastor Dean Alfons Brock
1937-1940 Kpl. Pet. Hansen
1940-1945 Pastor Joh. Giesen
1945-1966 Father Bruno
1947 Kpl. Nik. Berks
07.10.1944 Americans blow up the church
25.12.1948 Christmas mass in the rebuilt church
1948-1950 Pastor H. Pellmann
1949 Reconstruction of the Barbara Chapel
1951-1960 Pastor Bern. Witte
1960-1962 Kpl. Fried. Esters
1963-1966 Kpl. H. Ritzefeld
1965-1966 Pastor Peter Hansen
1966-1968 Pastor Leo Kehren
1966-1970 Kpl. Jan Keyers
1968-1983 Pastor Klaus Cremer
1974 Pastor Cl. Wittrock
01.10.1973 Kindergarten
01.06.1979 Parish youth home
1983-1986 Kpl. G. Stadeler
1983-1986 Kpl. H. Rogmann
28.09.1986 Induction of Pastor Norbert Bolz
The sculptor Albert Sous created a special memorial to the war years he experienced as a child in Mausbach in July 2020. Out of personal and familial distress, he donated the sculpture “Heinrich.” The artwork consists of a stainless steel stele installed on the remaining fragment of a column from the church destroyed in 1944.
As a memorial against war and violence, “Heinrich” makes a clear statement of remembrance. The stele is located between the church and the parish home at Markusplatz 2a and impressively connects historical memory with modern art.
Dorfhistorischer Rundweg
52224 Stolberg-Mausbach