In 1722 5 Brucher jug bakers founded their own guild. In 1762 this guild consisted of 10 potter families. In its heyday, Bruch had a total of 8 jug baking ovens, one of which was a pipe oven. In 1927 the last pottery workshop in Bruch was closed and the kilns decayed in the following decades. Only the kiln "Auf der Katz" was acquired by the local community of Bruch in 1979. From 1980 to 1983 the still existing rubble was restored to the still impressive cultural monument.