First documented mentions in 1093 by Count Palatine Heinrich, in connection with the Maria Laach Abbey Foundation.
In 1689 the castle was destroyed by fire by the French troops and rebuilt in 1709/10.
Ferdinand von Bourscheid moved the rock mound with lining walls at the beginning of the 19th century, which made the wonderful parks and gardens possible. As a result, the castle changed hands several times and was used as a monastery by an order of men until the 1960s.
In 1985 the Austrian artist Gottfried Helnwein acquired the property and began restoring the palace and the gardens according to old plans. He lived and works here with his family and sold Burgbrohl Castle in 2006 to a Viennese businessman.
In 2009 the businessman Andreas Weber bought the property. The palace terrace was completely redesigned and laid out in 2010. It has been so well received by guests that it is constantly being developed and expanded. With a varied menu and the rustic, cozy atmosphere, it has become a permanent establishment for young and old, where families, hikers and cyclists like to meet.
In 2018, the entrepreneurial family Heuft with Alexandra Heuft and Bastian Heuft acquired the castle hotel in order to strengthen the regional location and combine tradition with modernity, regionality with globality.
The palace complex is located on a hill in one of the romantic side valleys of the Rhine, from where you can see the village of Burgbrohl.
- 5 km to the A61 motorway junction, close to the romantic Laacher See and the romantic Maria Laach monastery
- to the Nürburgring 30 km
- to Thein (Bad Breisig) approx. 7 km
- to Monte Mar Rheinbach approx. 30 km
- to Bonn 33 km
- to Koblenz 28 km
There are medicinal springs, medicinal baths and mineral fountains nearby, some of which date from Roman times.