Historische Ölmühle Bruch
The grinding mill of Bruch is one of the oldest salm mills, it is already mentioned in the letter of liberty for the valley Bruch from 1284 as a ban mill. Probably the mill was rebuilt in 1558 and remained in the possession of the Counts Kesselstadt until 1882. During this time the Brucher Mühle was divided into the following operational areas: grinding mill, oil mill and sawmill. Already in 1909 the miller Molitor supplied some private buildings next to his mill with electric energy. Only four years later, the community of Bruch concluded a contract with him to supply the entire village with electrical energy, which was transferred to RWE in 1930. The miller's business was discontinued in 1954 and the mill and sawmill were converted into residential buildings. The oil mill is still completely preserved in its structural structure and was extensively renovated and repaired in 1984/85, including the entire mill technology. The grinding plant with pan grinder and its two runner bricks, heating furnace and press and the old chamber of the grinder with equipment can be visited at any time. Groups of 8 persons or more can book an interesting guided tour of the mill with the current owner Mrs. Birgit Molitor for a small donation.