Schloss Bürresheim palace

Schloss Bürresheim palace

St. Johann

During the Middle Ages, Schloss Bürresheim palace was actually a castle, in other words, a knight’s residence and a fortress at the same time. Even so, the name “Schloss”, or “palace”, is certainly appropriate, since the magnificent interior design of this Rhenish residential castle leaves visitors dreaming of eras gone by and Snow White. All the generations of residents have contributed a large amount of furniture and numerous paintings, as well as other furnishings.
At the same time, Schloss Bürresheim, incidentally like all castles, consists not only of a single building, but of a keep, many walls, gates, towers and passages, as well as a great hall and, in addition, an excellently preserved guildhall from the 17th century. Over the course of its varied history, the palace has repeatedly been added to and converted. After the last residents transferred ownership of the palace to the federal state of Rhineland-Palatinate, extensive renovation measures were conducted, which also included the restoration of the original Baroque gardens.

Opening hours - information - tips
See the current opening hours and entrance prices here:
Entry possible only with a guided tour.

No dogs are permitted in the Schloss Bürresheim grounds.

Hiking tip:
Schloss Bürresheim is on the “Förstersteig” Quality Walking Trail. The trail, which starts and ends in Mayen-Kürrenberg, follows a 15.5-kilometre route around Mayen.

mehr lesen

Share content:

At a glance

Opening hours

    Place

    St. Johann

    Contact

    Schloss Bürresheim
    L83 Im Nettetal
    56727 St. Johann
    Phone: (0049) 02651 76440
    Fax: (0049) 02651 902410

    Homepagewrite e-mail

    Plan your journey

    Route on Google Maps

    Arrive by train

    You might also be interested in

    Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina, © Foto: Svenja Schulze-Entrup, Quelle: Touristik-Büro Vordereifel

    Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina in Kehrig

    The parish church of Kehrig, consecrated by Karden, and the tithe belonged to the Castor monastery in Karden until 1802. 1656 owned the church of Kehrig, which after de Lorenzi from the 13th / 14th. It is said to have originated in the 18th century, three altars. The main altar was consecrated to Castor, the side altars to Mary and Peter. Today's parish church, which was built between 1869 and 1872 by the Düsseldorf architect Pickel, is consecrated to St. Kastor and St. Katharina.