Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Maximin und Anna

Ettringen

Share content:

Today's church in Ettringen certainly had several predecessors at this point on the Kirchberg. In 1616 St. Maximinus is mentioned for the first time as patron. The foundation stone of today's church - according to plans by the Cologne architect Vinzenz Statz - was laid on June 9th, 1857 and 4 years later, on September 4th, 1861, the inauguration by Bishop Wilhelm Arnoldi took place.

Place

Ettringen

Contact

Kath. Pfarrkirche St. Maximinus
Am Kirchberg 14
56729 Ettringen
Phone: (0049) 2651800995
Fax: (0049) 2651800920

Homepagewrite e-mail

Plan your journey

Route on Google Maps

Arrive by train

You might also be interested in

Pfarrkirche St. Valerius in Wanderath, © Foto: Svenja Schulze-Entrup, Quelle: Touristik-Büro Vordereifel

Pfarrkirche St. Valerius, Baar-Wanderath

The verifiable building history of the parish church in Wanderath begins in the 13th century. The original church is Romanesque, around 1500 the late Gothic nave, today's aisle, was built with the help of the Counts of Virneburg, who were the patrons of the church. When the church was enlarged by a south and north aisle around 1530, the side walls of the old church were broken through. In 1655 Wanderath becomes an independent parish. These include the places Engeln, Büchel, Freilingen, Nitz, Ober- Mittel- and Niederbaar, Herresbach, Eschbach, Döttingen, Siebenbach and Drees. Virneburg was added at the beginning of the 19th century. For this, Drees is assigned to Welcherath. In 1896/1897 the current, neo-Gothic main nave was built. The two Gothic aisles are being demolished. In 1921/1922 the church was expanded again. The then octagonal sacristy was torn down and the current one built. The main nave was lengthened by 10 m and the gallery was built. The tower was raised by 6 meters. In addition, the church received a continuous roof area. Since then, the outward view has not changed. Since Wanderath only consisted of a church, a rectory, a school and a residential building until the middle of the 19th century, there are many legends and myths surrounding the question of why a church was built in the poor Wanderath at all.

Kottenheimer Büden, © Foto: Svenja Schulze-Entrup, Quelle: Touristik-Büro Vordereifel

Kottenheimer Büden - Vulkanparkstation

The "Kottenheimer Büden" on the eastern flank of the Bellerberg gives an insight into the origins of the Bellerberg volcano and originated about 200,000 years ago when lava bombs and shreds were thrown out of the volcano by violent explosions and piled up into a mighty slag wall. The mysterious "Siewe Stuwe" are caves carved into the basalt lava, which served as air shelters during World War II - primarily for women and children. The Traumpfad "Vulkanpfad" connects the volcanic park stations Ettringer Bellerberg, Kottenheimer Winfeld and Kottenheimer Büden over a distance of about 7 kilometers.

Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina, © Foto: Svenja Schulze-Entrup, Quelle: Touristik-Büro Vordereifel

Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina in Kehrig

The parish church of Kehrig, consecrated by Karden, and the tithe belonged to the Castor monastery in Karden until 1802. 1656 owned the church of Kehrig, which after de Lorenzi from the 13th / 14th. It is said to have originated in the 18th century, three altars. The main altar was consecrated to Castor, the side altars to Mary and Peter. Today's parish church, which was built between 1869 and 1872 by the Düsseldorf architect Pickel, is consecrated to St. Kastor and St. Katharina.

Pfarrkirche in Weiler, © Foto: Svenja Schulze-Entrup, Quelle: Touristik-Büro Vordereifel

Pfarrkirche "St. Kastor" in Weiler

The baroque church was built in 1727 as a hall building made of plastered quarry stone. After the population in Weiler grew steadily until 1906, plans for a church expansion were drawn up by baumeister Rüppel from Bonn. The church was to be extended with basalt stones by the addition of a transept and a choir room in neo-Gothic style, along with sacristy buildings. In 1909 the "new" church could be solemnly consecrated. Particularly worth seeing is the Marienaltar, which was taken over from the "old" church.