Alte St. Rochus Kapelle Hasborn
Before the old Hasborn chapel was built in 1755, Hasborn already had a chapel.
It was located at the old cattle watering place. It was first mentioned in 1674 and 6 years later - in 1680 - the Jesuit priest P. Nikolaus Alff consecrated it in honor of St. Rochus and Cornelius. This Nikolaus Alff was the companion of the archdeacon on the visitation trip of the year 1680.
In 1693, on December 15, Ferdinand Ludwig von Zandt and his wife Maria Claudine von Ahr donated a weekly mass and endowed it with tithes and favors to Hasborn and Diefenbach. (Brückmann, Diocesan Archives Trier, Dept. 105, No. 1196)
In 1741 four quartern masses were endowed with 33 florins each, three by individual benefactors, a fourth by the Hasborn community.
The first Hasborn chapel stood hardly 100 years, because in 1775 a new one was built. Ernst Wackenroder reports about it: "The chapel is a simple quarry stone building, in the light 7.85 m wide and with the three-sided closed choir 15.80 m long. On the outside, the building shows flat pilasters, windows set in sandstone and a simple pilaster portal with a wide smooth string. The four-sided roof tower with hood and open lantern above. The interior with barrel and thrust caps arched on broad, cranked pier projections; the relatively large, round-arched closed windows are raised high into the thrust caps." (Wackenroder, p. 131)