Until the middle of the 19th century, the small Jewish community probably used a private prayer room.
In 1858 a synagogue building was built on Klöppelsberg; the women watched the services from a wooden gallery.
After the interior decoration was destroyed under nationalism, it was restored in the mid-1980s.
The six by ten meter interior is covered with groin vaults that rest on corner or wall pillars. T
he women's gallery was reconstructed.
For several years now, regular Jewish services have been held in the building.
The following hiking and walking trails lead past the synagogue:
• RSa1 "Historisches Saffig" (3.0 km)