The Swister Tower near Weilerswist is a remnant of the old parish and pilgrimage church of the vanished village of Swist on the Swisterberg (built c. 1100-1125). Foundation remains of the nave are attributed to the 9th century. Archaeological finds from Roman times indicate that the first Christian church was built over a Roman sanctuary. The St. James pilgrimage route passes directly by the tower. In 1828/1830 the nave was demolished due to dilapidation, then in 1854 the tower was rebuilt as a prayer room.