In 1867 the community decided to build a larger chapel.
In 1868 today's church was built in neo-Gothic style according to plans by the Cologne architect Vincenz Statz.
In 1960 there was a further expansion.
The church is dedicated to “honor the birth of Mary”.
The vault struts and pillars are made of Brohltaltuff.
Inside there is a valuable Madonna statue from the 13th century, as well as a rare depiction of Anna Selbdritt and a Sacred Heart figure.