"A blaze of yellow daffodils and changing forests"
...is the title of the exhibition at the National Park Gate in Höfen. Huge images of wild daffodils ensure a very special atmosphere. In spring the daffodils can be experienced in their thousands near the Gate. The surrounding conifers from the days of commercial forestry here are gradually giving way to a natural, mixed deciduous forest. Visitors can experience the exhibition with all their senses at stations at which you can hear, smell and feel things.
Standard facilities at the National Park Gate in Höfen
- Tourist Information Centre
- Exhibition on "A blaze of yellow daffodils and changing forests"
- A digital model of the area
- National Park films
Multi-lingualism: all texts can be heard in English, German, Dutch and French.
- Easily accessible, without steps, and can be experienced by everyone
- Fully accessible toilet facilities
- Acoustic, olfactory and tactile exhibits
- Films are partially subtitled and translated into (German) sign language
- Guidance system in the floor
- Texts are also available in braille
The Eifel National Park Administration is happy to organise tours through the exhibition in (German) sign language.
Free guided tours in the south of the National Park:
Every Tuesday a park ranger will pick you up from the National Park Gate in Höfen at 1.30 p.m. and take you to the ranger rendezvous in Wahlerscheid.
Admission is free.