The Landesburg Zülpich is one of the last four so-called Landesburgen preserved in the Rhineland. These were created in the 14th century in the course of the penetration of the country by the territorial lords of the region, here the Cologne archbishops. It is a Gothic type of castle. After war destruction and conversion, the outer walls and corner towers have been preserved. In the interior, which was converted into a factory from 1847, the Sieger grain was distilled until the 1970s.