Kottenheimer Winfeld - Vulkanparkstation

Kottenheimer Winfeld - Vulkanparkstation


The "Kottenheimer Winfeld" is a former quarry area in the area of the municipality of Kottenheim and owes its origin to the eruption of the Bellerberg volcano about 200,000 years ago. During the eruption, three lava flows flowed from the crater area. The stream north of the crater filled an old valley and reached a high of about 40 meters. Especially during the last 150 years, high walls of basalt rock were exposed in the area of the "Kottenheimer Winfeld" due to intensive stone mining.
Today, the idyllic pit landscape with its bizarre rock formations and relics from bygone times, such as crane bases and pit cranes, is part of the volcano park as a landscape monument.
The "Traumpfad Vulkanpfad" offers as a walkinground insight to the volcanic history of our region and connects several stations of the Vulkanpark in an impressive way.
Today, the imposing lava walls also serve as a climbing area.

mehr lesen

Share content:

At a glance

Opening hours

  • Vom April 23rd bis December 31st
    00:00 - 23:59 Uhr

    00:00 - 23:59 Uhr

    00:00 - 23:59 Uhr

    00:00 - 23:59 Uhr

    00:00 - 23:59 Uhr

    00:00 - 23:59 Uhr

    00:00 - 23:59 Uhr




Parkplatz an der K20 zwischen Ettringen und Kottenheim
K 20
56736 Kottenheim
Phone: +492651 800 995

Homepagewrite e-mail

Open map

Bitte akzeptieren Sie den Einsatz aller Cookies, um den Inhalt dieser Seite sehen zu können.

Alle Cookies Freigeben

Plan your journey

Route on Google Maps

Arrive by train

You might also be interested in

Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina, © Foto: Svenja Schulze-Entrup, Quelle: Touristik-Büro Vordereifel

Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina in Kehrig

The parish church of Kehrig, consecrated by Karden, and the tithe belonged to the Castor monastery in Karden until 1802. 1656 owned the church of Kehrig, which after de Lorenzi from the 13th / 14th. It is said to have originated in the 18th century, three altars. The main altar was consecrated to Castor, the side altars to Mary and Peter. Today's parish church, which was built between 1869 and 1872 by the Düsseldorf architect Pickel, is consecrated to St. Kastor and St. Katharina.