As the 100th and last church financed by the "Berlin Church Building Association (Berliner Kirchenbauverein)" the protestant Redemptor's Church in Gerolstein was erected in the years between 1911 and 1913, and it was inaugurated by no other than Emperor Wilhelm II hinself. The impressive edifice with its neo-Roman style and its more than 24 millions of mosaic pieces enjoys several thousand visitors anew each year.
In order to protect the expensive mosaics, the church can only be visited in combination with a guided tour.
Wed and Sat 11:00 and 15:00 o'clock
Adults 3,50€ and children 1,50€
special guided tours on request:
groups up to 10 person: 30,00€
groups more than 20 person: 3,00€