Eifel-Blick "Schöne Aussicht" in Simmerath-Einruhr
At an altitude of 440m the “Eifel-Blick Schöne Aussicht" offers a panoramic view of the Rur valley and the village of Dedenborn.
The view point "Schöne Aussicht" was named after the Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm IV, who was very impressed by the view during a visit. The then District Administrator Bernhard Freiherr von Scheibler, who accompanied the king on this excursion, had a stone cross erected as a souvenir. The cross was destroyed during the war, but was then rebuilt. The base is from the original cross from 1887.
The magnificent view extends into the valley of the Rur just before it flows into the Obersee. On the opposite side of the valley you can see the forest and open land areas of the former Vogelsang military training area, now part of the Eifel National Park.
The on-site panorama board helps with orientation and provides useful information about the visible landscape.
The “Eifel-Blick Schöne Aussicht" can only be reached on foot from two parking spaces on the road B266.
From the parking lot at the junction to Dedenborn (50.583864, 6.372226), a steep path winds its way up the hill.
From the parking lot diagonally opposite the house “Schöne Aussicht” (50.588207, 6.374062), an almost flat meadow path also leads to the viewpoint.
A visit can be combined with a hike. The local circular hiking trail Seifenauel-Runde (No. 46) leads directly past the Eifel-Blick.