Ehrenfriedhof

Daleiden

Share content:

The war cemetery in Daleiden is the largest cemetery of honor in Rhineland-Palatinate with over 3,000 killed in World War II. The dead were buried on 72 smaller sites in the surrounding area until they were transferred to Daleiden. ln the natural slope of the slope, the rows of graves are arranged in the course of the heights, opened up by access and access routes to the individual graves, which are provided with a name stone. A retaining wall with a wall closes off the grave surface from the outside. Stations of the Cross lead to the cemetery. The cemetery of honor - instead of a small, baroque chapel - was built on a hill east of the village in 1954-59 to commemorate the soldiers of the Second World War who fell in the Eifel-Ardennes area. The tombs of 3,224 soldiers, laid out in several circular rows, run towards an open memorial room in the center of the ring. The memorial itself was designed as a pillar rotunda, in the middle of which is a stone Pietà in expressive forms. A memorial hall with the names of the fallen connects to the rotunda.

At a glance

Opening hours

  • From January 1st to December 31st

    The cemetery of honor is open all day.

Place

Daleiden

Contact

Ehrenfriedhof
Hinter Loh 1
54689 Daleiden

Homepagewrite e-mail

Plan your journey

Route on Google Maps

Arrive by train