Founded in 1858, the Casino Society Wittlich e.V. is one of the oldest civic associations in the city and is today open to all people who are interested in contemporary social issues. According to its statutes at that time, its purpose was "the cultivation of sociability". Under this completely harmless sounding name, people also met for discussions on political topics that were forbidden at that time. The members came from the educated middle classes and formed an elitist circle at that time. After the foundation of the society and the first property purchases, the society house for entertainment, reading and social events, which is now a listed building, was moved into in 1900. The Casino was built in 1898 / 99 according to the plans of the building inspector Fülles in a prominent location at the eastern entrance to the city. It is a representative plaster building with a flat gabled roof, a small stage room was added to the east, and the tower building was added to the west - this was originally the entrance. At the rear, an elongated colonnade ends in a pavilion, which is adjoined by a bowling alley. The hall, which is divided by corner ashlars and cornices, is decorated with a tile band with vine tendrils. Today the Casino Society has about 200 members. It enjoys the status of a non-profit organization with the goals of preservation of historical monuments, promotion of local and cultural history, integration of foreign fellow citizens, support of Wittlich town twinning and cooperation with Wittlich institutions and associations. We offer various events on these topics. The Casino-Gesellschaft Wittlich e.V. offers a wide range of services for the citizens of the town and the region, the casino rooms are also available for private events and celebrations. The gastronomy operates the Casino-Stübchen, the large and the small casino hall, the casino skittle alley as well as the casino summer garden, which are open to all guests. A large parking lot is located in front of the main entrance.