Burg Bruch - Biergarten
The beer garden is located inside the romantic castle complex. The castle is located directly on the "Eifelsteig" hiking trail and the "Eifelsteig Erlebnisschleife Säubrennerroute". Come in and enjoy the atmosphere during a break in the historic castle complex!
The earliest documented mention of Bruch Castle dates back to 1138 (Fredelo von Bruch). The construction of the castle took place during the first half of the 13th century and was probably completed in 1243. In the following centuries, the dominion was partly under Electoral Trier and partly under Luxembourg sovereignty. After the dynasty of the von Bruch family died out, the castle was inherited by various ministerial dynasties. The almost rectangular complex of approximately 100 x 50 metres was originally surrounded by ramparts and moats. A further moat divided it into the higher-lying core castle with palace, keep and gate, and the larger outer castle with the farm buildings. Remarkable are the two relatively slender and high round towers, which were raised around 1340 to make the castle more capable of defending itself on the border to the Duchy of Luxembourg. The tithe room of considerable length (43 m) dates from around 1650 and had a predecessor. Above the ground floor of the present building, there are several barrel vaults in sandstone. From 1995 to 2000 the castle was lovingly and lavishly renovated. Individual guided tours are possible by prior arrangement by telephone. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)