The Riedener Marienkapelle was built in 1882 in neo-Romanesque style from greywacke and tuff from the break of the "high Ley".
A gable roof with a small bell tower, the bell of which survived the two wars, covers the chapel.
Inside there is a block altar that is clad in tuff stone slabs and on which there is a statue of the Virgin Mary.
On the outer wall above the entrance door there is a sculpture of Sts made by Franz-Josef Hilger and Karl-Heinz Doll.
Josef, which was made in 1989 by the two young master masons in French limestone.
What makes the Marienkapelle so special is the associated legend about three men who played skat on Corpus Christi and were visited by the devil.
A man played for his soul with this and took his prize with him into the afterlife.
The Lady Chapel was built in his memory.