Brasserie Balthazar Wittlich

Wittlich

Share content:

Situated on the south side of the historic market square, the stately three-story and seven-axis baroque massive building with its height of 20 meters clearly towers above the neighboring houses. After the presumed year of construction of 1725/26, the spacious office and guest rooms, the stables and remises served for over 100 years as a supply station on the mail coach route Trier - Koblenz for the transportation of persons, freight and correspondence. This "postal station" remained in operation until 1854, after which the building was mainly used for residential purposes and as a wholesale grocery store. The reference in a file from 1869 to a "Gasthaus zur Post" in the building, however, also suggests a gastronomic past. Today, the architectural home of the Balthazar Brasserie can be seen in its modern guise. Building on the historical substance, our architects have created an exciting mixture of old charm and modern comfort. Natural, light-colored materials and a generous room layout create a cozy atmosphere in a modern setting with the cosy flair of history

At a glance

Opening hours

  • From January 1st to December 31st

    Daily from 11.30 o'clock am until 11.00 o'clock pm

Seats

  • Inside: 100
  • Outside: 80

Place

Wittlich

Contact

Brasserie Balthazar
Marktplatz 3
54516 Wittlich
Phone: (0049)6571 9528500

Homepagewrite e-mail

Plan your journey

Route on Google Maps

Arrive by train