Tourist-Information MaifeldMünsterplatz 656294 MünstermaifeldPhone: (0049) 2605 9615026Fax: (0049) 2605 9615027
The Homeland and Adventure Museum in Münstermaifeld The Homeland and Adventure Museum (Heimat- und Erlebnismuseum) in the old priory in Münstermaifeld promises a journey back in time to the world inhabited by our great and great-great grandparents.
Burg Bischofstein sits enthroned where the wide fields of the Maifeld merge into the steep slopes of the Moselle valley. Built in the 13th century, the castle was destroyed by French troops in 1689. In the first half of the 20th century, Bischofstein Castle was rebuilt in its current building structure and converted into a residential castle. The castle is used as a school camp and can be booked as group accommodation, but is not open to the public. From April to October the keep can be climbed on Fridays to Sundays!
The Christinas Stuben Museum shows the collections and bequests of Gisela and Fred Ackermann
The 900-year-old Romanesque church tower is the oldest building and at the same time the unmistakable symbol of the city Münstermaifeld.
Wernerseck Castle sits enthroned on a rocky spur high above the nature reserve of the Nettetal. Her residential tower, lined with bay windows, is visible from afar.
The 4.5-kilometer Road follows the Schrumpfbach stream, which flows from Münstermaifeld-Metternich through a valley rich in forests and meadows down to hatzenport at the Moselle. Fifteen mills are on the wayside - some in a deep sleep, others are successful examples of how ancient walls can be beautifully renovated, for example to accommodate comfortable holiday apartments.