Parish Church St. John the Baptist Adenau

Parish Church St. John the Baptist Adenau

Adenau

Share content:

The initial building probably dates from the 10th / 11 Century and was later made extensions and conversions. Worth seeing inside the church restored in 1990: the main chorus of the high altar remains of an altar shrine beginning of the 16th Century and the age-matched figures in the choir, in the aisle of the Pieta and the Romanesque font from basalt. In the area of Tower Hall older murals were uncovered and restored during the renovation. In the outer wall of some basalt crosses of 1828 laid from here cemetery are embedded. The atrium is the rest of the church was destroyed in 1945 by bombs part.

At a glance

Opening hours

  • From January 1st to December 31st

    Opening hours can be requested at Tel. 0049 (0) 2691-93575-10

Place

Adenau

Contact

Pfarrkirche St. Johannes der Täufer
Kirchstraße 1
53518 Adenau

Plan your journey

Route on Google Maps

Arrive by train