Secrets of the forest
...are revealed by the exhibition at the National Park Gate in Heimbach. A walk-in audio exhibit leads visitors through a forest labyrinth. As they go, the wild cat (being the thematic focus of the establishment) chats with a black stork about its experiences in the National Park. You will get a first impression of Heimbach by taking a view from the Burg Hengebach Eifel viewing point.
Standard facilities at the National Park Gate in Heimbach
- Tourist Information Centre
- Exhibition on "Secrets of the forest"
- A digital model of the area
- National Park films
- Easily accessible, without steps, and can be experienced by everyone
- Fully accessible toilet facilities
- Films are partially subtitled and translated into (German) sign language
- Texts are also available in braille
- Many tactile elements
- Layout of exhibits facilitates navigation with the white stick.
The Eifel National Park Administration is happy to organise tours through the exhibition in (German) sign language.
Free guided tours taking you into the Kermeter and Hetzinger forests
Every Friday at 11.15 a.m.: "Monastery route" ranger tour
Admission is free