Heyerberg mit Kapelle
Heyerberg with chapel The Heyer chapel near Borler is one of the cultural monuments in our region worthy of protection. The name of the chapel goes back to the Lords of Heyer. This noble family belonged to Haus and Hof Heyer with about 30 hectares of land. The first chapel was built around 1600, the members of the von Heyer family were buried there. The service personnel and the residents of Borler were buried in the surrounding cemetery. The chapel and cemetery were officially closed in 1805, the chapel was demolished in 1823 and the cemetery was leveled. The altar came to the chapel St. Leonhard in Bongard, the bells to Borler and Wittlich, other parts of the inventory to Nohn. In 1874 a citizen of Borler donated 365 talers in his will to build a new chapel on Heyerberg; it was completed in 1875. In addition, 14 stations of the cross with the names of the founders were built on the way to the Karpelle and on the forecourt.