Bouderath is situated in the middle of a densely wooded landscape on the eastern edge of the municipality of Nettersheim and borders on the urban area of Bad Münstereifel.
The village was first mentioned in 1020 as "Bohart"; Heinrich II donated the village to Prüm Abbey. The church of St. Gertrud with Romanesque origins towers over the village.
The barbecue hut on the outskirts of the village is a meeting place for many groups and associations and is often used for events such as the annual farmers' coffee. There is also a restaurant in the village.