Aussichtsplattform „Am Johannesknecht" in St. Johann

Aussichtsplattform „Am Johannesknecht" in St. Johann

St. Johann

Inhoud delen:

The observation deck "Am Johannesknecht" at Kreisstraße 21 just before the entrance to St. Johann offers a fantastic view over the Nettetal and Mayen up to the Maifeld.

At the present location of the observation deck, there used to be two large basalt cones, which also served as a lookout point, but had to give way to economic interests in basalt mining. According to legend, the so-called sprinklecones were created when the servant John freed the maid Catherine. The mother of the fat Catherine was a witch and wanted to give John the "Dicketrain" (Katharina) only to be a woman when he steals consecrated vessels from the church. Whereupon John stole the vessels. However, as the couple entered their wedding journey, the sky became very dark, with lightning coming down and turning the couple into stone.


Plaats

St. Johann

Contact

Aussichtsplattform "Am Johannesknecht"
K21 aus Richtung Mayen kommend
56727 St. Johann
Telefoon: (0049) 2651800995
fax: (0049) 2651800920

naar de websiteschrijf een e-mail

Plan uw reis

Route tonen op google maps

reis met de trein

Dat kan ook interessant zijn voor u

Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina, © Foto: Svenja Schulze-Entrup, Quelle: Touristik-Büro Vordereifel

Kirche St. Kastor und Katharina in Kehrig

De parochiekerk van Kehrig en de tiende, gewijd aan Castor von Karden, behoorden tot 1802 toe aan de Kastorstift in Karden. 1656 bezat de kerk van Kehrig, die na de Lorenzi uit de 13e / 14e. Er wordt gezegd dat het in de 18e eeuw is ontstaan, drie altaren. Het hoofdaltaar werd gewijd aan Castor, de zijaltaren aan Maria en Peter. De huidige parochiekerk, die tussen 1869 en 1872 door de architect Pickel uit Düsseldorf werd gebouwd, is gewijd aan St. Kastor en St. Katharina.